About Me

Wellington, New Zealand
megan.l.ransom@gmail.com 0064 027 207 4999 (cell ph)

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

About Megan Ransom

" Megan has strong connections with some of NZ's more well known and collectable artist. I met Megan two years ago when she moved into Shelly Bay and began her Bronze sculpting work. As I also do bronze sculpture, we soon began to work together and explore new sculpting techniques together. Megan is a very capable woman, committed and creative. Her enthusiasm for sculpture is contagious and I feel my work benefitted from working closely with her while she prepared Bronze sculptures for her latest exhibition entitled 'Voyeur'. "
Matt Gouldie
Offical Artist for the New-Zealand Army




I have been involved in the arts in New Zealand for over 20 years, from the fashion industry as a designer and stylist with my own business in the 1990’s. I have traveled extensively with my daughter and have lived in Italy.


Moving into canvas in New-Zealand and Australia of which I was exhibiting, I then became frustrated with 2D mediums. My true talent lies with 3D works of art that I craft into almost living objects.


I am one of very few women in the world who completely work through and implement each stage of the “lost wax” process including foundry pour and fetteling.







My Work, My art, My passion are all encompassed, this is my career and life.

No comments: